We are looking for a reliable, creative, strategic, and experienced web and UX/UI designer. Chariot has seen very positive growth in recent years, and we are looking for the right person to help us continue to thrive. The right designer would helps us take on wireframing, UX strategy, web design, and other graphic design needs for our clients. Our clients rely on us to be experts at what we do; therefore, to be considered, you must understand current design trends, why they exist, and how they are used to drive conversion. You must be familiar with brand guides, typography, color theory/strategy, target audiences, journey maps, user flow, mobile-first design, responsive and adaptive design, as well as building complete website mockups.
This is a work-from-home position, but preference given to those within commuting distance of Raleigh, NC. In-person appearances may be needed on rare occasion for a team meeting or client kickoff session; however, most projects will not need this – digital communication, screen sharing, and phone calls will suffice 99% of the time.
Standard business hour availability is needed as we need prompt responses to emails, inquiries, and revisions.
Ultimately, we need someone to work as part of our team on a contract basis, from home, and for a set / minimum number of hours per week. Our plan is to lock in a minimum amount of pay/hours each week (for example, 20 or 30 steady hours per week) basically trading dependable income for the availability we need from the right designer. We have a high volume of design work steadily coming in, and it is set to continue well into the future. After we and the right designer agree on a good fit (we understand that this goes both ways) by completing some live projects, we plan to offer the position, settle on the details, and move forward with the possibility of increasing to full-time hours as we grow.
The ideal designer needs to show knowledge and real-world experience (work samples) regarding the following:
- Digital and Print Design
- Adobe Programs (Photoshop, Illustrator, and Indesign; knowledge of other Adobe CC programs a plus)
- Wireframing & Site Mapping
- Journey Maps & User Flow (working with Personas)
- Logo Design & Branding
- Strategic UX
- Website Mockups / Prototypes conveying mobile responsiveness and interactive elements for client review
- Other Programs like Sketch, Muse, Invision, etc. also a plus
- Providing organized, detailed design files to web developers for coding
A plus would be:
- Technical knowledge of print design and setting files up for print
- Basic knowledge of content marketing and on-page SEO
- Basic, advanced, or any experience with video
- Experience with traditional marketing materials such as cards, brochures, booklets, trade show, reports, presentations, signage, etc.
The ideal candidate is:
- Able and willing to problem solve with common sense on a micro and macro level
- Able to proof their own work and catch errors before they make it back to our project manager or to the client.
- Accountable with all facets of design while also being a team player
- Experienced in validating every design decision on a page or screen to clients/colleagues
- Understanding and experienced with the limitations set by clients, industry, audience, budget, strategy, SEO, and branding
- Adept at thriving “inside the box” as well as “outside”
- A fierce advocate for Oxford commas, great fonts, animal welfare, and British tv.
To be considered, please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Examples of your work
- Hourly rate